We’re currently seeking exceptionally talented graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to join the group.
Contact the PI, Qi Gu, for more information.
About the opportunity：
We are inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate with a strong background in 3D printing, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering to join Chinese Academy of Sciences, China. The successful applicant will work with Prof. Qi Gu in the Institute of Zoology on a Strategic Priority Research Program “Organ Reconstruction and Manufacturing” funded by CAS and Ministry of Science and Technology of PRC.
We expect the research to develop novel bioinks or novel 3D assembly strategies to contribute to the huge Program which involves approximately 150 PI. Outstanding applicants will be recommended to apply for IOZ Senior Research Fellow Program.
1. PhD (or soon to be completed) in engineering, biomaterials, material chemistry, polymer chemistry, physical chemistry or bioengineering. The candidate shall obtain a doctoral degree in related fields.
2. Demonstrated expertise and research experience in 3D printing, (bio) materials synthesis and bioink development, bioengineering, and material and mechanical characterizations and testing.
3. Strong skills of analysis and interpretation of data, deriving meaningful conclusions.
4. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
5. Have solid work habits, teamwork and problem-solving ability;
6. Have independent thinking, and shall publish at least one high-level article as the first author.
What you should do but not be limited to:
1. Participate in functional bio-ink research and development of joint projects; Tissue and organ printing; Optimize 3D printing platform.
2. Carry out the project independently.
3. Writing project reports, grant applications, and journal/conference papers
4. Managing lab-related activities (ordering consumables, planning various experiments in the lab, etc.)
5. Supervising and training students in the related field
How to apply：
2. Recommendation letters from two referees, name, unit and contact information of the referees;
3. Photocopy of your ID card, diploma and degree certificates;
4. All kinds of certificates and other relevant certification materials.
Please submit the application materials to qguATioz.ac.cn (G.Q.) in the form of attachment with the theme of “postdoctoral application + name + doctoral school”. Please contact Prof. Gu at these emails with questions about this position.
We are seeking talented and motivated students who are interested in bioengineering, biofabrication and 3D printing.
Prospective Ph.D. students*: Apply through the CAS application system and select “Qi Gu” as faculty of interest. Email Prof. Gu a CV and short description of research background/interests and relevance to the work in the Gu lab. (Optional)
Master and undergraduate students**: please email a CV and short description of research interests to Prof. Gu.
Note: The availability of positions is subject to change depending on funding (*) and research needs (*,**).